Clear all

A beginners dilemma.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Surely every beginners worst nightmare..........

You have some old friends round for a few drinks. Its quite late and you're all feeling pretty mellow. Talking about the 'good old days' and having a wry look at todays youth and its taste in music.

One of your mates glances across at the guitar in the corner, 'Hows the lessons going?'

You give your stock answer 'Well, its only been 7 months so I'm no Hendrix but I'm learning all the time'

'Give us a tune then' :shock: :shock: :shock:

Its crunch time!

I have the bare bones of about a dozen songs and can play about 4 all the way through with some degree of confidence so not a huge amount to choose from :roll:

'Okaaaaaay' thinking furiously 'I can do that but only if you sing along to it!'

I had them backed into a corner and I thought they would fold. Nope, they said they would sing if I would print out the words for them.

Hmmmmm. Something easy, open chords with a basic strumming pattern. Something that they would know how to sing along to......

JUMP TO 3 MINUTES LATER for the final chorus (All together now)

'Let it be..... Let it be...... Oh let it be..... Yeah let it be..... Whisper words of wisdom.... Let it be'

'Let it be' is such a nice song to play. A great melody and proper inspirational lyrics. I really enjoyed playing it, much more than I thought I would under the circumstances :mrgreen:

So this brings me to my question for my fellow learners. What would YOU have played in my situation last night?
How would you have entertained 3 three of your oldest and dearest friends?

Cheers,
Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.