Clear all

A newbie guitar player (well, not quite a "player"

19 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@axeslasher)
Trusted Member

I don't know what the heck callouses are...... :shock:

Callouses are places where your skin grows extra thick and becomes rather hard. Feel the heel of your foot, it's a giant callouse. When the skin and fat tissue underneath becomes irritated by pressure over a long period of time, it adapts by becoming hard and thick. While playing the guitar, your fingertips experience this type of irritation. Instead of being soft and squishy, the fingertips eventually begin to harden and become "calloused".

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." - Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Yea , then of course my tips are real hard now.My classical gives me a good exercise.Wide neck , high action 8)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

or for example when you get jilted time after time by the same woman, or multiple women, and they reject every thing about your heart, soul, and mind. Your heart turns cold and black so that you no longer feel the pain. :D Ya ya.. thats a callous.. hehe

Not that I've experience it..... much

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

Yea , then of course my tips are real hard now.My classical gives me a good exercise.Wide neck , high action 8)
But nylon strings are SOFT, softer than violin strings. My violin calluses peeled off within a week of steel string playing, so expect pain if you start playing a folk guitar.

~Sam

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2