Clear all

A Newbie No Longer

19 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@boxboy)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Phew, finally made Junior Member status with 50 posts. That's actually saying a lot; I'm not really chatty by nature. :wink:
But across the board everyone I've run into here has been friendly and helpful. I log on everyday.
So, thanks all! I'm only a year in on guitar but I play every day and you're a big part of the reason why. :D

Don

(@wideawake)
Trusted Member

Wonder how many more till i'm junior member :P

+1

You sing in praise of suicide, we know you're useless, like cops at the scene of the crime.

The sky is a landfill.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ok. gloves off now!

can you change your own strings ? :evil: :wink:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

ok. gloves off now!

I can, but it's not a pretty sight! The air tends to get a little blue...

Don

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Don't expect that to change real soon. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Can I transfer posts from another forum? :lol: Hey, it's cool to see newbie next to my name. Very misleading. :P

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Congrats Boxboy. :)
ok. gloves off now!

Or even your own tuning pegs!

The expert way to fit a new set of pegs - NOT
Hey, it's cool to see newbie next to my name. Very misleading. :P

It cuts the other way too.

The label next to my name gives the impression that I might actually know something - whereas I'm pretty much a guitar newbie, just not a newbie to this forum. :D Looking forward to more of your posts... newbie.. :D :D

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Can I transfer posts from another forum? :lol: Hey, it's cool to see newbie next to my name. Very misleading. :P
When The Ampage moved to the new Music Electronics Forum, I became a "Junior Member" starting over at 1 post. Since that time I haven't been very active over there and stayed a Junior Member for a while. I kinda hated to see my Junior drop off!

When the Big Road Blues forum crashed (I still think it might have been hacked) and got reorganized, I lost 12851 posts, I think, and started as a new member with a new join date. Some of the folks who signed on (or back on) a little after I did got a join date of January 1, 1969!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Had to laugh at Chris C's tuning peg link.....wow, I thought, here's a bloke who built his own house....I remember the photos, VERY impressed.....

I'm one of those people who, when it comes to DIY, rushes in like a bull in the proverbial china shop....and yet, things may look wrong or out of kilter, but somehow seem to work....aesthetically about as pleasing as a moustache on the Mona Lisa, but functionally 10/10.....

And yes, I can change my own strings....and I usually get them on in the right order too......

back on topic.....nearly 4500 posts, and I still consider myself a relative newbie.....still so much to learn......and I first picked a guitar up in 1975......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

nearly 4500 posts, and I still consider myself a relative newbie
Point well taken, Vic. I'll still be a newbie after a gazillion posts. I was just happy not to see it under my handle every time. :wink:

Don

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Tell me Chris ..... I am interested in the coriolis effect. Does your toilet flush clockwise? We are counterclockwise up here in the northern hemisphere. Oh, and do you call what you are having now summer? Or is it warm in the winter there? I was always curious about this. Oh and hey, I might have been spanking the plank for 30 years (playing guitar that long too) but that doesn't mean I know crap. :P

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Tell me Chris ..... I am interested in the coriolis effect. Does your toilet flush clockwise? We are counterclockwise up here in the northern hemisphere.

Sure it does. Although it might be truer to say that when you empty a bath or basin the water goes clockwise down the plughole. The toilet flush is more or less a jumbled tumble of water. :)
Oh, and do you call what you are having now summer?

When it's 100 degrees in the shade it's kind of hard to call it winter... :P
Or is it warm in the winter there? I was always curious about this.

We have the same seasons as you do - just shifted by 6 months. When it's your autumn it's our spring and everything is starting to grow again. We use the same terms, they just apply in different months here.

The position is a bit less clear in the north of our country which is nearer the equator and therefore in the 'tropics'. The seasons are a bit more blurry in tropical countries and there's not a lot of difference between summer and winter as such. They tend to talk more in terms of the wet season' or the 'monsoon season'.

Other facts you might not know about Australia include: It's huge - about the same size as the USA mainland (not including Alaska) but we only have around 20 million people, compared to about - what 300 million or so in the USA? So next time you see an Olympic medal count with Australia coming around 4th behind you guys, China and Russia, remember you outnumbered us 15 to 1 to do it! :D We're also not just deserts and kangaroos, although we have plenty of both. We also have tropical rainforests, temperate or Mediterranean style areas, and even some snowfields. It's a great place. 8)
Oh and hey, I might have been spanking the plank for 30 years (playing guitar that long too) but that doesn't mean I know crap. :P

Of course you know crap... it's that stuff going anticlockwise down your.... no.. wait.. I mean you know heaps about guitar. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Good to meet you. :)

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It cuts the other way too.

Shhhht... :lol:

For the records, I personally only know seasons from Holywood movies. Over here the weather varies between 'almost chilly with loads of' and 'almost warm with loads of rain'. If you people don't watch your back we might just park our nation somewhere in on your island when you aren't looking...

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member

we get a four seasons in one day

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

In the Eskimo language, I believe there are 73 different words for snow - we English have 1,723 different words for rain....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2