Clear all

Whats Up With My Tuner

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@hobozcar2000)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I bought a cromatic tuner today and it is saying that all of my strings are flat. My olt tuner (which is just a regular turner) says everything is good. anybody know whats wrong?

(@alangreen)

When were the batteries last changed in each one?

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@hobozcar2000)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

batteries are new in both.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

My Korg chromatic tuner and the built-in tuner on my teacher's stack/set-up consistently disagree by almost half-step. So I tune at home with what I've got, and retune at lessons to what he has. :?

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Make sure they're both set to the same pitch standard. Usually A=440 Hz. Most tuners allow you to shift that up or down a bit.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@hobozcar2000)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

it's set to 440 Hz. I bought the cromaticfor tuning down so I'll just use the other one to tune it normal. Thanks for the help.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Experiment a bit with the pitch shifting and you'll find the calibration difference between the two. Then you can use either one to be in tune with the other.

Anything made by man has some margin of error. Doesn't matter when you're playing by yourself, but with others you'll have to tune to a common reference.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Now that is why when you play in a band or jam it's a good idea to share a tuner. I usually insist on using mine cause it has to be the one that's right if it's mine now doesn't it? :shock:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member

has any one every seen or used the strobe on string tuner i got one today its a mad yoke but i think lots of room for error ?same as them all really!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Any reference standard has to be calibrated itself to a more universal standard. Yeah, I've seen those strobe tuners. Don't have much experience using them, though.

ReplyQuote