Clear all

Acoustic Amp Jus to Make Louder?

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@danada)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I got this amp as a present a while ago and havent realy used it much (cause not sure what i can use it for other than making it louder).

I assume it wasnt very expensive (crate).

Im just curious as for what I could use it for, There are a a phew different effects that i can switch on. But other than that, I assume its just for projecting sound.

jus wondering if theres anything intresting that i dont no about that i can play with. :wink:

"We're officially on welfare. Come on, kids. Help me scatter garbage on the front lawn."

(@amnesia)
Trusted Member

I have a nice little Marshall acoustic amp.
It has the built in reverb, and expansion for FX pedals and switch pedals (should I ever need one).

It's for doing pub gigs etc. You can get up to two guitars and a microphone in it... Mainly just for projecting your sound - Not sure on any little gadgets it may have.

//--Amnesia--

Gutiars: Sheraton II | Yamaha APX-7A | Taylor 510CE-LTD
Equipment: Hiwatt 40 Amp | Switch Pedal | Zoom 200 FX Pedal
Piano: Roland 236

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

And if you're playing with a band, you'll certainly need the boost to be heard in the mix.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Which Crate amp do you have? I've got a CA6110DG and I love it. I wouldn't say it's cheap (less than $400). Acoustic amps are generally just for making your guitar louder. But some have effects that can be useful. I really like the doubler effect on my Crate. I play in a group that has just mine and one other guitar. That doubler effect makes our sound a lot bigger. I was intending to buy an Ashdown Radiator until I tried the Crate.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The amp can be used to allow for being creative and enhancing for sound. You don't need to have it turned up very loud. Suppose you wanted to get a distorted sustain you could set the pre-amp control to about 8 and set the volume control anywhere from 0 to 2 1/2. Set the tone controls at their middel postions and adjust from there. Set like I mentioned will overdrive the pre-amp into the power amp giving you a distorted guitar sound.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

The amp can be used to allow for being creative and enhancing for sound. You don't need to have it turned up very loud. Suppose you wanted to get a distorted sustain you could set the pre-amp control to about 8 and set the volume control anywhere from 0 to 2 1/2. Set the tone controls at their middel postions and adjust from there. Set like I mentioned will overdrive the pre-amp into the power amp giving you a distorted guitar sound.

Joe

What do you mean by pre-amp control? I don't have anything labeled that on my acoustic amp.

Tim Madsen

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@danada)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

My amp : http://www.music123.com/Crate-GTX15-i122862.music

had to do some digging, cause i hadnt picked it out myself.

Not many features but I feel like I can use it now, wasnt realy sure what to do with it.

ty

"We're officially on welfare. Come on, kids. Help me scatter garbage on the front lawn."

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

My amp : http://www.music123.com/Crate-GTX15-i122862.music

had to do some digging, cause i hadnt picked it out myself.

Not many features but I feel like I can use it now, wasnt realy sure what to do with it.

ty

That's not an acoustic amp. You can play your acoustic guitar through it, but you wont get the clarity of sound you would with an acoustic amp.

Tim Madsen

ReplyQuote