Clear all

Acoustic 'Supercharging'

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@snwbrdnegtrst)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone tried this product http://www.guitarcenter.com/Graph-Tech-Supercharger-Acoustic-Kit-A-501676-i1448151.gc ? Is there any point to using this product on an Epi PR-150? I have 2 reasons for asking: first, I have a $10 gift card to GC that I just can't seem to find anything else I NEED and secondly I've noticed an irritating warble/buzz from my b string as I lift off on chord changes (especially noticeable when playing David's version of 'Hurt', switching from Dsus2 to Am). I've noticed (and asked about it before, bear with me) that the saddle is quite grooved where the b string sits (see the photo below)
Am I going overboard adding too nice of a part to an entry-level guitar? Should I just buy another nylon 1/8 compensated saddle and be happy with it? Should I just buy some new strings with the gift card and shut the heck up? :mrgreen:

All the world's a stage, but the play is poorly cast

(@alangreen)

The bridge looks fine. A buzzing string is more likely to be caused by a proud fret than anything else. Try raising the action a touch by putting a thin card shimmy under the bridge (that's twice I've mentioned this in the last 24 hours and twice in the eight years I've been at GN) and see if it makes a difference.

GC voucher? Buy yourself some music.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

The bridge looks fine. A buzzing string is more likely to be caused by a proud fret than anything else. Try raising the action a touch by putting a thin card shimmy under the bridge (that's twice I've mentioned this in the last 24 hours and twice in the eight years I've been at GN) and see if it makes a difference.

GC voucher? Buy yourself some music.
Thats a great idea. I have the same guitar as the OP, and the sadle is a tuch low... I will give that a shot.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Now for the OP...

Man thats a lot of money for what you get... A lot of places sell replacement nuts, and saddles for a LOT less that that. If yours is setup like mine, you will probably see the bigest change from a replacement nut. Mine is cut very badly. Ive seen them sized, and shapped to fit for less then 10 bucks on line.

Paul B

ReplyQuote