background mp3s for soloing?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@schnet123)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

last week I was playing with a friend of mine, having him do the strumming and me trying to improvise on the C-major scale. Sounded really good considering I'd never done that before. As he's not around that often: does anybody know of a place to download "play along" rhythms so that I could practice soloing? I'd also need a description of the scales to use.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

(@stock28)
Estimable Member

Do a web search for "backing tracks" and you'll find some you can download for free. Some are pretty good and some are not so good but they work.

ReplyQuote
(@dylantherabbit)

I found a great site for this last night. This site comes from a company that produces song books etc and has some of the backing tracks free! Can't remember the name of it now though. I'll post back if I find it.

Used to go under headlessgremlin

ReplyQuote
(@dylantherabbit)

Managed to find the link from one of the downloads - you can get free sheet music there too. It's http://www.licklibrary.com/

Used to go under headlessgremlin

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

Here's another. Scroll down to see the song list. The ones with an "F" next to them are free. Midway through the page are links to pages with songs of different styles (blues, jazz, etc).

http://www.visionmusic.com/rocktracks.html

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@keith-moore)

ReplyQuote
 N00b
(@n00b)

You could alway get software and create your own backround. My brother does stuff like that. Or you could record your self playing the backround music, and then play to that, so you can do it how you want it.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

You could alway get software and create your own backround. My brother does stuff like that. Or you could record your self playing the backround music, and then play to that, so you can do it how you want it.

"Band-in-a-Box" is very good program for that. It has an amazing array of styles and options.

-Laz

ReplyQuote