Clear all

Best Bang For The Buck Guitar. Period.

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've seen alot of threads that say "whats the best bang for the buck uder 200 bucks?" or whatever, so I though it would be interesting to see what you think is the best bang for the buck in any price range...

I can't really say, but Carvin looks pretty good. I mean, a (semi) custom made strat style guitar for 550?!? that's pretty good IMO. :)

EDIT: Oh my god! I forgot about the guitar brand that I swear by! Godin, and all of its companies (Seagull, etc.) 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Dean Evo XM. $99. Fairly low action, properly made, no buzzing or anything. Nothing special either, but hey, $99!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Best bang for the buck? I think it depends on what you are banging.

It's an impossible question to answer.

I'd say that my Washburn D-70SW Golden Harvest from about 1992 was an incredible value at $500. Then again I'd say my Collings OM-1A was an incredible value at 7 times that amount.

Guitars are such individual creatures that saying any one brand or model is best is....well...silly.

Good value guitars? The Washburn solid woods of today, Seagull, some Fender solid tops, an Alvarez or two..it's making less and less sense as I go along.

There are probably 20 different guitars that sell in any given price range. They are all roughly the same value once you get out of the $99 range.

So what is the best bang for the buck? Well any Collings OM-1A you can find on the used guitar market for less than five dollars, I'd say.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I gotta side with Nick on this one . . .

I've played some $100 guitars that were just magnificant. I've played some $5k pieces of trash. And at those price points, both are about equally rare events.

But if you put a gun to my head and said "gimme the best value out there or I cap you one, KingP!" I'd have to go with the Epiphone Elitist Chet Atkins Country Gentleman. It's a very fine guitar, and with a $2k street price it compares favorably to some much more expensive guitars.

I don't know if it's the best pick out there, but it's a good one, and I'll go with it for now :)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@texasfan08)

rogues dreadnought guitar on muscians friend is a great buy for 50 dollars, great for beginners!!

Adversity causes some to break, others to break records!

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

I like my Oscar Schmidt OE30 Semi-Hollow body it was $149.99, I think it sounds great.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I paid a bit more, $260, for my Agile AS-820 semihollowbody with P-90s, but I LOVE it! The whole Agile line are great values.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

yoyo, I don't know what you were thinking on that one. Sarcasm and snide remarks about someone's opinion you just asked for are uncalled for.

Please reread your posts before you post them. If they serve no purpose but to belittle others, then don't hit the post button.

djdubb, since I removed the post you were quoting, I had to remove yours too.

back to the topic....

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

All my guitars. Thats why I bought them.

96' Squire Strat
New American Deluxe Strat
New Taylor 310CE
82' Epi Spirit
Ibanez PF

:D :D :D

ReplyQuote