Notifications
Clear all

Black metal

17 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@csmart01)
Estimable Member

@ Jason brann - What all basically sounds the same? The different Metal Genres? That would be like calling Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones basically the same. There are a lot of sound alikes, but then, there are a lot of unique bands in those genres. The fact that there are different genre listings within Metal is due to the fact that there is such a diverse amount of sounds, attitudes, and beliefs. An Italian band like Lacuna Coil doesn't sound anything like a Florida Death Metal band like Death or a Northern California progressive metal band like Zero Hour.
I agree with the differing sounds... but the sub-classifications seem silly. I mean the blues has its share of genres and to my ear they are identifiable (as I'm sure the metal ones are to you) but Troll Metal vs Viking Metal vs Celtic Metal... really necessary? Death vs Doom? Why not add Casualty Metal?

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Well it is all about the subject matter and playing style in classifying metal. Death to me is totally different from doom. Death is fast and often has harsh vocals, except for melodic death, which sometimes slows down and has some clean vocals. Doom is slower. Be it Funeareal Doom or Doom metal (like Black Sabbath is classic doom).

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2