19.8 K Views
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Nice work Keith. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

For those who didn't know the backing tracks for BYCU first 21 lessons is now out. I have put some info in the unabashed site promotion forum at:
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?p=258581#258581
Robbie

ps. too bad there isn't as much action on the BYCU froum as there has been on this thread. I have enjoyed reading the comments here.

ReplyQuote
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

Perhaps we can create a section here dedicated for the users of this book.
From the posts, seems like there are quite a few of 'em.

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Wouldn't it just be redundent though. BYCU already has a whole forum dedicated for it.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Wouldn't it just be redundent though. BYCU already has a whole forum dedicated for it.

I agree. Also many GN members are BYCU forum members, even if they don't post there. And there's even another BYCU forum, a subset of Jamie Andreas' Guitar Principles forum.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I am considering dropping my guitar lessons for a while and focusing on this book once again. Every time I pick it up I learn so much. I've been getting the feeling lately that I need a break from my guitar lessons anyway.

As to the forum. If the handfull of us at GN would post over there once a day or so the activity would pick up.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Geoo,

I do that too, have lesson then take a break to practice and absorb everything. I find that constant lessons become too much, information overload if you will and Blues You Can Use is always there to supplement my learning, I also have Hal Leonards Blues Guitar which is also very good but small print though.

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@redpoint)
Reputable Member

It's too bad the original tracks weren't recorded with the lead part on the left (or right) of the mix and the backing tracks on the other side. I actually assumed that BYCU did that, since a lot of other guitar books do that, but then I went back and checked the CD. Oh well. It's probably worth it to get those tracks, though.

ReplyQuote
 GY01
(@gy01)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Last night was my last lesson in the Hal Leonard Begginer 2 book. Woohoo!

I took BYCU into my lesson last night. My guitar teacher loved it. He was really impressed with the book. It is a continuance of some things he has me working on now.

After my lesson last night I learned the Texas Blues. I also started on the second song (can't remember the name). My teach wants me to have both lessons down by next Monday. I have strong fingers so the string bending on the second lesson does not appear to be a problem.

Further on into to the book I do not see mastering two songs in one week being an option. I may be able to work on two, but not master them. I am currently practicing about an hour and twenty minutes a day six days a week and a half hour on lesson day.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

GY01, glad to hear your teacher likes the BYCU book, too. Enjoy!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Further on into to the book I do not see mastering two songs in one week being an option. I may be able to work on two, but not master them. I am currently practicing about an hour and twenty minutes a day six days a week and a half hour on lesson day.
It's up to you, but I wouldn't recommend skipping over the "lesson" part before each song. Lots of meat in there. If you're going to be working on the scales and the rhythm progressions, then expecting to be able to master two lessons a week seems a bit unrealistic. Even one a week might be a bit of a stretch. My 2cents. 8)

ReplyQuote
 GY01
(@gy01)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

It's up to you, but I wouldn't recommend skipping over the "lesson" part before each song. Lots of meat in there. If you're going to be working on the scales and the rhythm progressions, then expecting to be able to master two lessons a week seems a bit unrealistic. Even one a week might be a bit of a stretch. My 2cents. 8)

I agree.

ReplyQuote
 GY01
(@gy01)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

sorry-double post

ReplyQuote
(@kordus99)

Keith,

Just listened to your samples, sound really cool.

Well done,

Marty.

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Thanks Marty,
Appreciate it....
Hows the Fender Squier going?
Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6