Clear all

Blues tab from Jimi Hendrix

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@gguyss)
Topic starter  

Hello all.
I'm a beginner and I've just started learning blues songs. I've been trying to find the rhythm guitar tabs for Redhouse (by Hendrix) but The only tabs I can find are for the lead guitar. I'm not good enough to figure it out alone. :cry:
Does anyone know that song? Could someone point me to a site that has the rhythm tabs for that song or could you help me out with the tabs?
Any help would be appreciated.

(@ciaran)
Eminent Member

I don't know about an online source, but from listening it's a 12 bar blues, in Bb, so your main chords are Bb, Eb and F. Not ideal beginner chords, but if you can play them I'm sure you will be able to hear which ones go where! If you want to get a bit more advanced make it Eb9 and F7. Hope that helps a little bit, and hopefully someone else can do better...

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It's indeed a 12bar blues, Bb, 12/8:

Bb-Eb-Bb-Bb
Eb-Eb-Bb-Bb
F-Eb-Bb-F

Use a low tempo shuffle-rhythm.

ReplyQuote
(@gguyss)
Topic starter  

Thanks so much for the help! I'll give it a try.

ReplyQuote
(@shibby)
Estimable Member

Here is the powertab for red house. http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=song,3403 it has both lead a rythm parts. You will have to download powertab but its a great application and it is free as well.

Shibby

ReplyQuote
(@gguyss)
Topic starter  

I'm having trouble downloading the Red House tab from powertabs.net. I guess I should mention that I'm living in Japan using a Japanese computer with Japanese software, and I don't speak or read the language.
Could some kind person download the rhythm tab and email me a copie?
[email protected]

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Done, check you mail.

John M

ReplyQuote