Notifications
Clear all

can't decide

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@raide)
Topic starter  

well, i've been shopping for electric guitars for a while, i've been to stores and played almost everything i could get my hands on, but now i'm stuck between a few guitars and would like some advice from people who know more than me. Anyway, i'm torn between:
ESP LTD EC-1000 deluxe (with duncans)
BC Rich Mockingbird (i havent actually played one, but i've loved them since the moment i saw them, i'm leaning towards the NJ classic)
ESP KH-602
Jackson WRXT Warrior

I want something thats pretty versatile, but a little more on the aggressive side

thanks in advance

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I think you have to go with your instincts after playing them. The guitars will be as versatile as their player.

If you're still looking for tips, you might want to consult Harmony Central's User Reviews. You might get some insight there about what kind of music people who buy these guitars play most of the time.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@raide)
Topic starter  

i've been reading those, and that's how i got down to the ESP EC and the Mock (after playing the KH, its too much money for me, and the warrior just doesnt feel right), but both of those sound really good and like what i'd want, its hard to decide. Plus, no guitar stores near me have BC Riches. The only thing i can think of is to buy the mock first (its less money) from music123 and try it out for a few days and see if i like it.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

You can also try http://www.samedaymusic.com
or http://www.zzounds.com . They are really good music stores with excellent product support.And can you tell us the budget of your guitar? 8)

ReplyQuote
(@raide)
Topic starter  

i'm trying to keep it around 650, 750 most (even thats pushing it, but if it's worth it, i'll try and save up some more)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Now if you are upto 750 , go for a yamaha AES 620.It is really good.Yamaha guitars are rock solid and probably will last your whole life.And yes of course , there are gibson and fender and epiphone at your disposal. :lol: Follow this link for the model i mentioned above.

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,6373,CNTID%253D24987%2526CTID%253D223450,00.html

You can browse more of the site to look at more guitars

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

john, try them all out and gradually eliminate them, IMO the best one is the one with the best sound (from the guitars in ur price range)

how come sites like zzounds doesnt't carry major guitars such as epiphone?

ReplyQuote
(@raide)
Topic starter  

After looking around at guitar stores near me, noone carries BC Riches, so i cant try ou the Mockingbird before i buy it. Since i really want to try one (and from what i've heard/ read it sounds like i'll like it), should i get it from music123? that way i can at least try it out first. If i dont like it, i can always send it back and buy the ESP.

i've bought very little from online guitar stores, and never from music123, will my plan work? is it even worth trying?

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

I've bought strings, tuners, pedals ect. online but I don't think I'd ever buy a guitar online. It's not a matter of service, I have gotten excellent service from musiciansfriend and music 123, it's the guitar itself. Two identical models (insert the guitar of your choice here) set up identically and played by the same person will still not feel and sound the same. Personally I think they have souls and no 2 souls are the same. You have to be there with the guitars and play them find the one that speaks to you.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@raide)
Topic starter  

i know what you mean, thats how i chose my martin, but i've looked just about everywhere and no other places have the guitar i want, so it seems like tis is my only option :-/

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Sounds to me like it's time for a ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@raide)
Topic starter  

XD thats as good an excuse as any right? luckily i have some friends who live near the stores that might have 'em so it won't be a total loss if they dont have it ^__^

ReplyQuote