Notifications
Clear all

Choosing a guitar help !

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@amazingrob)
Topic starter  

Hi ! Im new here and I was just wondering if you guys could help me out. I want to start learning to play guitar but before I just jump right into it, I need to buy one. Im willing to spend anywhere from 250 usd to 350 usd on a new acoustic guitar. I dont want anything fancy, just something that would be a good first guitar or learning guitar. I am willing to push my budget to a maximum of 400 usd but i'd of hoped not to spend that much due to not knowing if this will be another of my "good ideas" that I ended up getting frustrated or bored with. Any how, I am very new to the guitar world and not many of my friends are into this sort of thing, so I was wondering if you could help me out.

-What are the big guitar company names? I've seen a couple such as Fender, Gibson, etc just by reading on the forums.
-What, in your opinion, would be a good guitar to start learning on ?
-Is my price range too low ? Do I need to invest more money into this idea ?
-What else would I need to have success in learning ?
-What other expenses will I come across?

I'd like just some input from the community. I've been browsing the forums and site for a couple of days now and have finally decided to go through with this. I appologise if this has been posted before but when I used the search function, my questions went unanswered. Thank you for your time and replys :)

whoa!