Clear all

E major

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@starrk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I keep getting buzzing with the second string and it's driving me crazy am I just not fingering it right or could it be the guitar? Online says I'm not fingering it right what do you guys think?

(@alangreen)

1 - Where is your finger in the fret space? The fact that it's just one string suggests your finger is too close to the first fret and needs to come forwards

2 - How hard are you pressing down? It might just need a little more oomph

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@starrk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

1 - Where is your finger in the fret space? The fact that it's just one string suggests your finger is too close to the first fret and needs to come forwards

2 - How hard are you pressing down? It might just need a little more oomph

It's as close to the next fret as possible without messing up the third finger's position

And I'm pressing down pretty firmly. When fingering a fret you should be using the tip of your fingers where the nail meet correct? And not the pads as if you or using the flat part of your finger?

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Put your finger on the string so it's coming down as close as possible to vertical. That point of contact will be near where the nail meets the flesh but not at the point where the string can get in under the nail.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@starrk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Put your finger on the string so it's coming down as close as possible to vertical. That point of contact will be near where the nail meets the flesh but not at the point where the string can get in under the nail.
I will keep this in mind I appreciate you taking the time to respond and answer my questions

ReplyQuote