Notifications
Clear all

electric guitar for large fingers

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@johnnyh14)
Topic starter  

is there one brand or model of electric guitar that has more room between strings on the neck than my strat has.

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The letters V, C, and U are used to describe neck shapes, and the use of the letters A, B, C and D in describing Fender neck widths. The V shaped necks come in two different versions, a "soft" V and a "hard" V. The "soft" V shape is a bit rounded off, whereas the "hard" V is somewhat more pointed.

There are a couple of other neck shape descriptions which do not have letters. These are the "oval" and the modern "flat oval". Many people, however, do use the letter "C" when referring generally to these "oval" shapes. The "U" shape is chunky and rounded, with high shoulders, as seen in the exaggerated letter U.

It's easier to understand when you put your hands on them and get the feel.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@logan5)
Trusted Member

Let me tell you a secret ... everyone starts off with fingers that are just way too big for the amount of room available between the frets ... then magically things start fitting just right untill one day ... WHAM! Everything works perfectly ....

Logan5 .... still looking for that "one" day .... but definately on my way.

There are 10 types of people in the world ... those who know binary ... and those who don't.

ReplyQuote