Clear all

First Time Infront of People

67 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
(@rocker)
Noble Member

owa,

alot of great songs have been written, by playing a few chords and throwing some lyrics
out, you never know, you may come back with a #1 song, any possibilities of a band forming out of this?

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Well, todays the day, right?

I'm sure you are off praticing. Try to remember to breath (easier said than done). When the nerves start to build up, take deep breathes through your nose and exhail through your mouth.

I can't wait to hear how it went! :D :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

This kind of reminds me of the parties my families host. Theres always at least three guitars. My uncle, my aunts boyfriend, my cousins boyfriend, and myself. As well as any new people who play. Sometimes theres harmonica or accordian, maybe even a pair of spoons. It's not my favourite kind of music, but we've played for hours on end sometimes. The beer and food help a whole lot though 8)

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Best of luck for tonight.

Knock 'em dead. :wink:

Looking forward to a full debrief tomorrow.

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well it went fairly well. I didn't play much but meh. Apparently, I can sing and play, who knew, but I can't sing very loud, not even over my acoustic. I'm kinda, softspoken. I stalled on a couple chords but oh well.

We had a bit of a jam too, which was really fun. I learned a couple things. For one, I can do barre chords, who knew. Guess there just wasn't enough pressure to do them until then. Also, open passes between chords are your best friend.

I was fun. I think I was too close to the fire though. When I looked at my guitar this morning, the pickguard was a little singed. Oops.....

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

LOL! Yep, if your pickguard is singed, you were definitely too close to the fire! Glad to hear it went well and that you had a good time doing it! It's an added bonus that you got to learn a few things, too! Excellent, OWA! I'm proud of you! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

8)

With the summer pretty much here, hopefully you'll get more chances to do that. It makes for tons of memories, and you can always learn something new.

Glad to hear it went well.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool, glad it all went well. :)

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

It is good to hear that it went well. Too bad about your pickguard, but you had a good time so it sort of balances out. Any more planned for the summer?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@bennett)
Reputable Member

Great to hear, OWA. Good to see it was a great experience. 8)

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

That's the first big hurdle out of the way......next time will be SOOOOOO much easier.....

And let me guess - you want to do it again don't you!

Power to your elbow - or plec - or fingers - GO FOR IT OWA!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

When I looked at my guitar this morning, the pickguard was a little singed.

Ehh its called "Character" and guitars should have them.. LOL Good for you OWA!! Well done.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Oh sure, the guitar gets singed and it's character. The first 3 layers of my skin get singed and it's.......well I don't know what it is, but it's not character.

Kidding lol

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Oh sure, the guitar gets singed and it's character. The first 3 layers of my skin get singed and it's.......well I don't know what it is, but it's not character.

Kidding lol

ROFL! Maybe the skin singeing should have been a warning that you were too close to the fire!!! :D

(Hopefully neither you or the guitar is singed badly!)

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Great to hear it went well for you

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5