Found a friend to jam with!

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@vegas_jay)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I am very excited! :D

Yesterday at work, a friend of mine called and said he was near my office and wanted to meet for lunch. We hadn't talked in a little while and I was asking him what he had been up to. He told me he recently got a guitar and was leaning to play!

So here we are, two guitar newbies just starting out. We are working out a plan to have some saturday night jam sessions in his garage.

:D :D :D

(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

That's great! It's always better (and a lot of times easier) to have someone else to play with, and it's also great that you two have a place where you can play and not disturb other people.

Sometimes it's hard to force yourself to sit down and play by yourself, especially if you live somewhere that you know it is going to get on someone's nerves. I know personally I sit down and play as often as I can make myself, but it's not nearly often enough. However, once a week (not in the last few weeks because of vacations and a schedual change) I've been sitting down with a friend of mine just playing through a bunch of covers that we know and doing kind of a free jam for a few hours. It has helped me just being able to listen to someone else and having someone to listen to me so that we can critique each other and hear how things sound with more than just the 1 guitar.

Good luck with your Saturday Night Jams!

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats jay! Happy jammin'!!!

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Yeah! That's cool. I finally got to jam with my friend 2 weeks ago and it's been lots of fun.

:D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Congrats man!! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like fun. Glad you found a jammin' buddy. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

congrats and enjoy the session!

John M

ReplyQuote