Clear all

GN Beginner Lessons

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@smudga)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I spent the best part of Sunday working my way through the 'Wish You Were Here' lesson (Easy Songs for Beginners) By David Hodge... What a great lesson, I really enjoyed it and now I'm re-visiting other songs I know and applying my new found knowledge.

I was just wondering if any of you fellow beginners have enjoyed any of these lessons and if so which ones and why?

(¯`·._..-SMUDGA-.._.·´¯)
A few clowns short of a circus!!!

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

You might browse the threads in the Lessons forum.
Guitar Noise Lessons. Be sure to take a minute to read the guidelines for that forum: Lessons Forum Posting Guidelines. You might also stop by the meet and greet thread there!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

smudga

Yup, I love them ALL.

David has a way of putting things over that other writers just don't have. I enjoy them for that reason, and because i always get something interesting out of the lessons.

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

What I especially like (maybe even love :wink: ) with Mr Hodge's lessons is that he's not trying to make us copy the original songs, he's trying to teach us more (for instance that it's important to make a song your own, not copying..Quote of Mr. Hodge: "But if I were to hear you play it, I would want to hear you play it. I can hear David Gilmour anytime I put on a CD.")

I really enjoyed his lesson about "Sitting on the dock of the bay", because it has such a nice feel to it..

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@smudga)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Musenfreund, I do tend to forget that there are other forum sections on this site.

(¯`·._..-SMUDGA-.._.·´¯)
A few clowns short of a circus!!!

ReplyQuote