Clear all

Got tens!

41 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Roy,

Maybe those socks are at my house I can't beleive how many single socks I have I tell people and they don't beleive me. I literally have a giant garbage bag full hoping one day to find their long lost twin but it never happens.

Yeah, we will never know. I've got a collection myself. Went through the whole basket once and still only found something like 2 or 3 matches.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

My theory is that the spinning of the dryer generates a worm hole in space that sucks your socks out of it and into someone else's dryer that is running at the same time, thus creating another worm hole that connects to yours.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

My theory is that the spinning of the dryer generates a worm hole in space that sucks your socks out of it and into someone else's dryer that is running at the same time, thus creating another worm hole that connects to yours.

I won't argue that one. :D

So, I'm in the kitchen an hour ago changing out pickups and the pickup ring spring flies out, hits a door and goes under the dryer. Not being able to bend the head down much, I just ran a broom under the edges. No spring, but I did find a green sock. It's a ladies sock, but if my wife does not recognize it, I'll subscribe to your theory. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

The only downside I've found with 10s is that, once you get used to them, testing guitars in shops really sucks because they all use 9s and they feel like you're playing with elastic bands! That said, at least one of my guitars might get an upgrade trial to 11s as I think I've gotten used to the 10s now and could take the next step.

I read somewhere that Jeff Beck changes gauge through a tour, starting with 9s and then working up to even 12s as the tour progresses. An interview with his techie from a few years back, but interesting.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I'm remodeling my kitchen and I found a pickup ring spring under the fridge. :shock:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm remodeling my kitchen and I found a pickup ring spring under the fridge. :shock:
There's now one underneath my clothes dryer. That was s tough on too. It had to ricochet from another room to get there.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

What, you found Ricochet under your dryer?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

What, you found Ricochet under your dryer?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, and he had a whole bag full of unmatching socks too. :evil:

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Ricochet is a sock gremlin? :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@preacher)
Estimable Member

I read somewhere that Jeff Beck changes gauge through a tour, starting with 9s and then working up to even 12s as the tour progresses. An interview with his techie from a few years back, but interesting.
Ive read that somewhere as well. I think it was in the Stratocaster book.
But Ive been using 12's lately, but have now made the switch to 10's (I needed to do a bit of a setup, though not complete, just a raise in action, and readjusting intonation). And they feel like elastic... though I do tune down to D-standard.

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

ReplyQuote
(@tactful)
Estimable Member

Has anyone ever tried a.018 G string round wound with either set? 9's or 10's? last time I bought several(6) sets I picked up as many plus one roundwound G Wow the sound is incredible who'd a thunk it?just thought I'd share a good experience that surprised this many decades of playing player.

Heroes Don't wear capes.They wear Dog tags

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member

I'm using the Ernie Ball 10-52 set. (skinny top, heavy bottom). These are awesome from dropped tuning

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've got enough unmatched socks that some must be coming in from somewhere else. Like those unrecognized guitars that have been appearing in my basement.

If the socks are breeding, I wish they'd have twins!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@tactful)
Estimable Member

I'm using the Ernie Ball 10-52 set. (skinny top, heavy bottom). These are awesome from dropped tuningOnce upon a time was big on EB strings (slinky's) they were awesome for bends.today it is either GHS or D'AAdarios But either set Has to have the G roundwound in it to stay on topic here sorta.

Heroes Don't wear capes.They wear Dog tags

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

So tell us tactful- what is it you like about the roundwound g strings?

Seriously- I wanna know. I've been experimenting with all aspects of my setup recently, and am astounded how much the little things add up to a difference in tone.

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3