Clear all

Guitar Pro Files

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Perk
(@perk)
Topic starter  

After receiving the gift of so many great lessons from David Hodge I thought I might be able to give something back.

For me learning any new piece I struggle with timing. I found a great tool long ago called 'Guitar Pro' that helps with many facets of learning songs. http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php By the way this is NO advertisement I really use this program and love it. I think you can use the software for free with limited features, however I'm not sure anymore.

Recently I did the song Cinnamon Girl based on David's lesson. I'm currently working on Cat's in the Cradle. I don't have anyway to host these files, however I'd be happy to send them to guitarnoise if they want to host them. If anyone is currently using Guitar Pro and wants Cinnamon Girl I can e-mail it to them.

I hope this might help someone become a better guitar player.

Perk

Perk

(@gasbag)
Eminent Member

I have had Guitar Pro for about 6 months now. I love it. Not only did I find it to be very versatile but for me it is very user friendly. I use it to write songs or fiddle with chord progressions etc. My memory is short so I need it on paper...... :) My teacher gives me a key and/or a chord progression and I give it a shot at writing a song by the next lesson. He hasn't laughed at me or shot me yet so I guess I am doing ok.

This is also not a commercial for the product. I just really like it. I know it isn't a professional grade program but it was affordable for me. Their customer help is great also. I have had a few questions and they emailed me right back with the answers.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Yup. GP is pretty good. Just a word of caution. Don't take the files as the final authority. There's some garbage out there.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@occupant)

I could host these files for you if you need it :)

ReplyQuote
(@sparky1ma)
Trusted Member

I'll +1 Guitar Pro. I have used it before and it is excellent. You can slow the music down and loop sections. You can even loop sections and have them gradually increase speed everytime it starts another loop. This program helped me out quite a bit when I had it (it was a bootleg and windows shut it off). I intend to purchase it when I have the cash.

Where am I going....and why am I in this hand basket?

ReplyQuote