Clear all

guitar sound

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@scottish-nutter)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hi, im fairly new to playing, i have an epiphone les paul custom, a vox valvetronix ad15vt amp, a boss me-50fx pedal and a boss eq-7
is it possible to get the sounds that slash gets from my setup? i have tried but cant seem to get the tones im after to play the intro to sweet child of mine and that type of sound
thanks

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i'm pretty sure he went through a marshal stack with some distortion. you're not going to get an exact replica with what you have, but a lot of it will come from your finger tips.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

That's an excellent setup, quite impressive for someone who just started. Getting the exact tone of Slash, or any other famous guitarist won't happen since they all use very expensive and often equally very custom gear. But getting close to that sound should be no problem.

A general way to setup a sound is as follows: disable all effects.Set all tone controls on the Vox to neutral. Select the amp model that comes closes to what you are after. Set the EQ to get closer. Plug in your EQ7 and use it to finetune the basic sound. Now add effects, one by one, and don't enable another effect until the previous one is properly set-up. For Slash you'd probably want the UK80 model with a fair ammount of mids, medium gain, compression, reverb. Set the master volume to max.

And as Jason said, a lot of the sound actually comes from you, not the gear. Slash is a very accomplished player and it might take a while before you can play like him. ;)

ReplyQuote