Clear all

Hard to find?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Does anybody know where to find a tab of Boccherini's Minuet? I was watching Spinal Tap the other night and went on a frenzied quest to find one in tab, but unfortunately, the closest I can find is Standard Notation (which I can't read).

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

This sounds like a perfect time to learn then! You could learn a little, then enter the song into Power tab to practice. The notation display would let you check yourself, and you'd end up with a usable tab.

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I like this good idea you have. I think I will steal it and put it to something we can use :D

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@sjt1316)
Trusted Member

Its amazing how much a desire to play a certain piece will spurn our growth in playing guitar (and music in general). I desparately wanted to learn to play Hotel California, but I had no idea how to play an F# or Bm. They are barre chords; a far too advanced topic for my newbie guitar playing skills.

Alas, my desire to play this song overcame any fear (and wrist discomfort) I had with barre chords. So I learned how to play barre chords. Now I can play Hotel California.

I just need to find a few other songs to make me learn other skills of the axe...

--Steve
If you're enjoying it, are you still a struggling artist??
D~~n the man, save the Empire!

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

The notation display would let you check yourself,
I've noticed sometimes with Power Tab that changing a note by one fret will not change the standard notation.

There's a bug in there somewhere - probably has to do with how the key signatures are figured, and the fact that there's no control over which accidental is used for a fingering. I've simply learned that Power Tab is handy for recording TAB, but you've still got to check the accuracy of the standard notation... and if the notation is important, I'm better off using a standard notation program (Voyetra, Finale, etc.)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote