11 Users
0 Likes
(@satchmo)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

anyone know of any GOOD headphones to use with the pod xt,

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Good headphones are good headphones, and bad ones bad, no matter what you plug them into :wink:

I only ever buy ones with neodymium magnets - much better and much clearer than standard. Other than that I can't be much help I'm afraid, I only every buy them when they break and that's years apart. Good on the cash-front, but bad for expertise-building :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I'll second that, they do a pretty good job of canceling out background noise too. They also have a 1/8in. tip with a 1/4in. screw-on adapter which is really nice, fold up for traveling purposes, have replacement parts and some other nice features. All in all, I'd give the HD 280 pro's an 8 out of 10.

ReplyQuote
(@stengah)
Trusted Member

I've noticed that the more expensive the headphones are, the higher the impedance, for some reason. I was thinking of investing in a new pair myself. The ones I have now start to crackle if I turn the guitar volume knob over half way. Is it good to get a high impedance set for guitar practice?

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

I am using Sennheiser HD 200 Master.
They are closed headphones and not serieously expensive.
And have a very straight frequency response ( 12.....22000 Hz) and low impedance ( 64 Ohm) .
And the nice thing with Sennheiser that they have spare parts (cables and ear pads) for ever

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Sennheiser get my vote too. I've got HD540s attached to the mixing desk by a cable, and HDR60 cordless attached to the monitors

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@ricola)
Estimable Member

A good set of AKG's such as the Model K 271.

I used a pair of AKG's at my previous job as a video and dvd designer and they were fantastic.
I would literally wear them for several hours without any pain to the ears unlike many others I've tried and especially the cheap Sonys I have at the house. Ouch!

Haven't tried the Sennheisers but every video/audio booth we had had the AKG's...

Psa. 42:8
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

ReplyQuote
(@fluid)
Trusted Member

I use a set of Sennheiser HD570 headphones, really happy with them, the ability to easily replace parts like the cable is fantastic. I'm in the process of fixing my girlfriend's Etymotic ER-6i which are very nice canal phones but I've had problems with the plug, this is the second set that has died, last time I sent them back, now they're off warranty so I get to do it myself ;)

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

http://www.goodcans.com

I vote for the Grado SR-71. Excellent headphones that won't break the bank.

ReplyQuote
(@egdinger)
Eminent Member

Nick I think your confused, Grado doesn't make an SR-71 model. Lockheed-Martin does. That said, I have a pair of SR60's and I would definitely recommend them.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

It must be the lockheed extreme high altitude headphones I'm thinking of. Yep, SR-60s are the headphones. I'm looking at 'em now. I think the SR-71s are hiding under the bed, very stealthy. No wait, those are the Grado B-1s.

ReplyQuote
 Jay1
(@jay1)
Trusted Member

I've heard lots of good things about the quality of the Grados. Couple of questions though, do they perform well with guitar amp, and how loud are they to people around you, being open backed are they going to be intrusive to someone in the same room if they're, for example, watching TV?

ReplyQuote
(@satchmo)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

cheers for that guys will check them out 8)

ReplyQuote