Notifications
Clear all

Johnny B Goode

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@popeye70809)
Topic starter  

Ok, this song is labled easy song to play but i can't seem to get the strumming rythm down. I love this song and know it by heart but can't seem to get it. Any tips on strumming this song would be great.

Low rider trucks are for guys WHO CAN'T GET IT UP!

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

downstroke, with a slight damping using the palm. get the chaga going on the strong 4/4 beat.
it is a basic rok tempo from the old days.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

It's the classic back beat with the emphasis on the 3.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

You have to break each quarter note into triplets. They are called eighth note triplets, but they are not truly eighth notes. But don't let that worry you. :D

1 2 3 2 2 3 3 2 3 4 2 3 1 2 3 2 2 3 3 …
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / …

You play on the 1st and 3rd beat of each triplet. You will get a shuffle type rhythm, I like to call it a boogie.

If you counted out loud it would be:

One, three Two, three Three, three Four, three One, three Two, three Three, three Four, etc...

You put accent or emphasis on the highlighted beats.

Experiment with this a little. You will soon recognize this famous shuffle and it will be easy for you after that.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@vccky)
Estimable Member

Been trying to get that song down for a while now. I wouldn't really agree with labelling it as 'easy' though. I think it's a song that you mostly have to 'feel', whatever that means. :D

But Wes_Inman might be on to something, I'll try it. :D

ReplyQuote
(@popeye70809)
Topic starter  

thanks for the tip, however maybe i have bitten off more than i can chew for now. I am going to move on to another song. probably margaritaville , just thought i would update the good people at GN. again thanks for the tips.

Low rider trucks are for guys WHO CAN'T GET IT UP!

ReplyQuote