5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jimbob)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hello too all

I'm a newbie :roll: by the way!

Can anyone suggest any songs to learn for a begginner with open (or mostly open) chords that aren't too difficult, if possible something popular that i will know.

I'm at the point where i know all the open chords and can switch competently, i'm just switching while trying different stumming patterns, but if I could put them together to play a song that I know it would be good, after all thats why i want to learn to play along to my heros!

I'm just looking for suggestion for something not too hard, otherwise i will be trying to play a really difficult song, get nowhere with it and it will put me off.

I have an acoustic and like classic rock songs or softer stuff like James blunt or damien rice.

any suggestions

thanks

:D :D

(@paulsc)
Eminent Member

There are some real good beginners songs right here on this site.

They are explained very well.

paul

"How can you have an ego about running your hand across a piece of wood?"
- Col. Bruce Hampton

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

A lot of the songs in the Easy Song Database are just open chords...

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@smudga)
Eminent Member

I started by just printing out tabs/chord from all over the internet... mainly of songs I love and know really well - for example :- loads of Noel Gallagher (Wonderwall, talk tonight, cast no shadow etc), Coldplay (yellow, trouble and some off the new one X&Y etc), but my main influence and probably the reason I decided to learn the guitar was because I wanted to learn songs by Turin Brakes (feeling oblivion, emergency 72, pain killer, fishing for a dream etc)...

Thing that I found was that most of the Turin Brakes songs were too advanced for a newbie, but if you search the tab sites you'll find many different versions, some easy open chord versions and maybe some harder barre chord versions.

I printed everything I found and basically started to mix different versions together... this became more natural the better my playing got.

I was then inspired by this forum to use the 'Easy Song for Beginners' section and found lessons such as David's 'Wish you were here' Pink Floyd...

Just give some thought as to what it is you want to get out of learning and playing a guitar... as I mentioned, initially i just wanted to learn and play my fave songs, but now I'm listening to all kinds of music and recently I've been playing stuff like reggae and some blues...!

Main thing - take your time and just have fun

(¯`·._..-SMUDGA-.._.·´¯)
A few clowns short of a circus!!!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

OK , straight help.

Find out tabs for these songs , on http://www.guitaretab.com or http://www.mxtabs.net

1.) Country Roads by John denver
2.)Mrs. Robinson by Simon & Garfunkle
3.)Leaving on a jet plane by John Denver
4.)Hey jude by Beatles
5.)Love me like i love you(I don't know the artist)
6.)Take it easy by Eagles

Some of these may contain an Fchord , so you don't hav to play the barre , and leave out any chord you can't play.Just give yourself time and concerntrate more on theory and practice.

Rock on 8)

ReplyQuote