metronome and chromatic tuner

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@paulsc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Howdy folks,
Can anyone reccomend a good metronome? I would love one with volume controls, headphones, and able to set up for triplets, etc.

I was looking at the Korg MA-30 Digital Metronome, any feedback on this one?

How about a good chromatic tuner? Any suggestions?

Thanks
paul

"How can you have an ego about running your hand across a piece of wood?"
- Col. Bruce Hampton

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

For a metronome, I think you can't go wrong with the Seiko SQ-50 Quartz Metronome. It doesn't do triplets, but personally, I don't think you want your metronome to do anything but keep the BPM.

I have heard good things about the Korg, and most of their other gear is pretty solid, so if that's the one you want, go for it.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@redpoint)
Reputable Member

I bought the Korg MA-30 and their chromatic tuner (CA-30?). I've been pretty satisfied with both.

I did notice there are some combo tuner-metronomes around, so that might be something to consider.

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

I am very impressed with my Boss TU80.

(Note that's an Aussie site with AU prices.)

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

i have the korg also, it does its job :)

ReplyQuote
(@redpoint)
Reputable Member

I have a question about the Korg, now, actually. It's got these modes: triplet with middle beat omitted and quadruplet with middle beat omitted.

In the triplet mode, it'll beep 3 times between the clicks. But in the mode with the middle beat omitted, it just beeps once between the clicks.

I don't get it. Shouldn't it beep 2 times if you're omitting the middle beat?

Similarly, for the quadruplet, it'll beep 4 times between the clicks. But when you select the mode that omits the middle beats., it'll only beep once between the clicks.

Is this broken?

ReplyQuote