Clear all

My first Electric

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@abeidson)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I am currently looking for my first electric guitar.. I have found a possible Gibson Les Paul for a really good price (under 200) and the only thing that has me wondering is that it has a bolt on neck.. The head stock says gibson.. it looks authentic but since it has a bolt on I thought most LP guitars from Gibson we 1 piece?

I wanna Rock N Roll all night... Ahh who am I kidding I'll be in bed at 9 pm....

(@dilettante84)
Eminent Member

I am pretty sure that has to be a fake.
Certainly you won't be getting anything of any quality for that price.

EDIT: I mean, you won't get anything quality with Gibson on the headstock for that price, but you can certainly get a decent guitar for that price.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

To answer your question, yes, all Gibsons have set necks. Not one true gibson Les Paul would have a set neck.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

And BTW what kinda music do you play? A Squier(Fender company) Strat might be another contender, or an epiphone(gibon company) les paul 250. Here's the strat: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/510422/

And the LP: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/518661/

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

And another thing.. you do get what you pay for when shopping for guitars.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@mitchell)
Eminent Member

I'm not an expert, I'm barely a beginer. However i just purchased my first electric. (alvarez acoustic before) Check out the Ibanez. It was about $50 more then the squire but to me atleast it felt and sounded better. And pretty much everyone I talked to says feel is most important.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I knda depends on on a cobination of how you feel about it and what kinda music you play. Obviously you wouldnt get an Ibanez ultra distortion etc. etc. if your playing jazz. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

*It kind of 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@dilettante84)
Eminent Member

And another thing.. you do get what you pay for when shopping for guitars.

I disagree. Sure, sometimes you do get what you pay for, but just as often you get less than you paid for, or more.

For instance, if you buy a Gibson Les Paul, there is a very good chnace you will get less than you paid for. Ditto for a factory "assembly line" PRS. Take the cash you would spend on either one, and put it towards a top of the line guitar form nearly any other company....Now granted, if i had an infinte supply of cash, I'd probably get one of each anyway, but if I could only have one guitar in the world, they wouldn't be it.

And sometimes you get a lot MORE than you pay for. For instance, if you buy a Yamaha, or a Godin for instance.

ReplyQuote