Clear all

Need help figuring out a tab

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@lion2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hello everyone. I need help interpreting a song tab into guitar chords. Here is the song http://www.lacuerda.net/Canciones/j/julio_jaramillo/para_mi_madrecita_querida.shtml (**fixed link**)
I can only find the song in this format and really want to learn how to play it.

The song is in spanish and the chords are written as one of these "Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do." Below is what I figured they would be converted to and I want to know if it is correct**EDIT(I assume I would also have to transpose it to the correct key also)EDIT**.

C D E F G A B
Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti

Below is what I converted each line to in the tab to (along with some question for specific lines).
A7
A7 - D
A7 - D
D7 - Gm
C7 - F?(why is it in capitals in the tab "FA")
A7 - D
A7 - D - D - D7 - A7

SIB(What chord would this be?!!!!)
F? (again why is it in capitals in the tab "FA")
A7 - D
A7 - D - D - D7 - A7

(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

I can't get that link to work so I can't see the tab - but yes, Do Re Mi, etc translates to C D E...etc. in the fixed Do system used in many European countries.
There is also a moveable do system, in which Do = whatever the key (tonic) chord is.
I don't know what the FA in capitals or SIB mean.

Edit: Maybe SIB = Si flat? = Bb (Si is used more commonly than Ti among the 'fixed Do' countries)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I can't get that link to work
There's an extra full stop (period to the GN majority :)) at the end of the address, just pop that off and you're cooking with gas. Gas, not GAS. so I can't see the tab - but yes, Do Re Mi, etc translates to C D E...etc. in the fixed Do system used in many European countries.
There is also a moveable do system, in which Do = whatever the key (tonic) chord is.
I don't know what the FA in capitals or SIB mean.
Maybe caps is major and lowercase is minor, or vice versa?

SIB I'm at a loss for :/

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

Thanks Chords - I see it now. It really does say SIB. I hoped it would be SIb for my Bb theory to be right. Oh well - back to the drawing board.

ReplyQuote
(@lion2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

SIB might be short for "Si Bemol" which means FLAT. ( And Si is indeed Ti. )That's probably why we denote FLAT as 'b' in English as well. (Sharp is Diesse, which is the name of the # sign in French-y languages).

Like ChordsAndScales.co.uk said upper/lower case sometimes denotes Major vs Minor.

oktay

Thanks for the help. I'll see how it turns out once I get home.

ReplyQuote