Notifications
Clear all

Need help with amp not sure if its working properly

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@prslol)
Topic starter  

I've had a MIM Strat and a Marshall VS65R for way too long now. Finally motivated enough to learn and I have less hobbies to distract me now.

Anyways I'm not quite sure if my amp is working properly. No matter what I try I can't get it to change tone much. I bought it used a long time ago and I think just the effects on it didn't work properly when I got it. Based on videos and asking my friend I should only really need the general settings and gain to make it sound more metal like.

Changing the settings though doesn't really change the sound of my guitar much. I've tried both channels but they don't sound very different from each other. Aside from that the amp seems fine though. It sounds great, no static or anything it just doesn't seem to change settings properly.

Hopefully I'm just doing something dumb and its totally fine. I can't remember if it was like this when I originally bought it or not its been too long. Going to bring it to a friends house who knows a decent amount next weekend but would be nice to know if I could get it working now or if it for sure needs to go in for repair.