Notifications
Clear all

Newbie...

19 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

There are a couple of Johnny Cash's tunes in the beginner's lessons section of the Guitat Noise website. It would probably be a good suplement to your teacher's teachings. https://www.guitarnoise.com/easy.php The first song I think Boxboy already mentioned is Horse With No Name. It's really a great intro to using chords. I bet 1/2 of us here started there.

As you progress a bit, there are the easy songs. Most of them are easy, but some vary a bit in difficulty. https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7 The first entry is the ESD Index. Alphabetical list of entries that you can click on.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@superman37876)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

What kind of strings would be good for an acoustic and electric guitar? Especially starting out?

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Probably 9's for electric and 12's for accoustic. See what came on them. (might have to ask the guitar store or maybe look up on-line) You don't really want to change guages without doing a little set-up. Brand don't matter a whole lot at this point.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@superman37876)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Here's another question... I've been practicing some of the major and minor chords before I have my lesson this week. Anyway, I know there are several variations to a chord, but what is an easy 'B' major chord to start out with? Thanks for any advice...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2