Clear all

Newbie intro

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 JoeP
(@joep)
Topic starter  

Well, I've been lurking for a couple of months now but couldn't resist replying to another thread so figured I'd say hi.

I'm a 37yo computer geek...er, engineer living in the SW suburbs of Chicago and I've finally decided to learn guitar. I'm interested in mainly blues, classic rock, and newer country but appreciate most everything.

My music background consists of playing sax in my grade, junior, and high school concert/marching/jazz bands. I have most of the basic theory down but haven't played much of anything recently so am a bit rusty. Besides the online sources, I picked up Noteboat's book to help refresh my memory and fill in the blanks.

Anyway, I just bought a Fender DG22 acoustic-electric from GC recently and boy are my finger sore! :shock: I know that'll pass with practice so no worries there.

I'm busy working my way through the lessons here on GN and in the books I picked up. I do, however, see myself looking for an instructor some time this year so appreciate the threads on finding a good instructor.

Thanks to everybody for keeping GN informative and civilized (unlike some other forums I've been on).

Joe

(@alangreen)

Hi, Joe, and welcome to the party.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN Joe.

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Yay another Illinois boy!!! Welcome to GN.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to the Musical Madhouse!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

"Hey, Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand.".
:shock:

Tee Hee ! ( I couldn't resit). Welcome aboard , Man!

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote