Clear all

ok ok I am a dummy plzz help

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey everyone I am a beginner and I don't know the correct names of everything , but can some one please tell me what chords go together so when I am practising my chords ( A/C/D/E/G/ EM/AM ) I can sort of make my own tune up . I think their called majors or opens ( don't know ) I know G / C / D go thogether as in Charlie prides songs . But what of the others What chord does A go with ?
I am totally :oops: embarrassed and confused ??

I am on the naughty side of 40 ( they say life starts at 40 so wheres the key ? ) sorry humour :)
So please be kind I am lost big time , I sort of kinda play one song ( I am getting better ) quote un quote my wife . ( I think she maybe tone deaf ) :)

sorry help meeeeee pleaseeeeeeee

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

For the open chords....

Key of C: C, Dm, Em, F, G7, Am
Key of G: G, Am, C, D7, Em
Key of D: D, Em, G, A7
Key of A: A, D, E7
Key of E: E, A, B7

Other chords (and other keys) are possible, but those are the common open keys on guitar.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

hi i'm a beginner too. I f I understood your question you're talking about chord progression...here is a few that I know

A-D-E (you could subsitute regular chords with 7th chords)

G-D-A (idem)

G-C-D (idem)

C-EM-Am-Dm

G-EM-AM-D7

C-G-F-Am

Of course you could also change the order of the chords. a typical chord progression is made of the 1st,the fourth and the fifth chord of a scale

i.e. C-F-G

but you should know the scales (I don't know any except for the classic C one that everyone knows since childohood: you know C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C)

I hope to have anserwed a bit tou your question

Matteo

ReplyQuote