Notifications
Clear all

picks

35 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Is a metal pick better used for bass guitar? :?
I find that they make too many scraping sounds for the bass.

ReplyQuote
(@galis)
Eminent Member

Personally for myself i've found that playing the bass guitar with picks just doesnt seem to sound as good to me as playing with my fingers, but i could be wrong considering my lack of use with a pick while playing.

Unfortunetly my fingernails arnt even longer then my fingers, my fingertips pass them. What are the most common picks used for a bass player? For future reference it would be a good thing to know when i decide to buy some, more then likely this week.

New goal #1: Buy an amp.
New goal #2: Buy a 5-string.
New goal #3: Get better then OWA at music.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

It is good to develop skill with and without a pick.
I play mostly fingerstyle but when I do play with a pick (mostly strumming)
I prefer .73 mm tortex picks, I have some 1mm picks and to me it feels like I am using a rock so they are collecting dust.
When I used to play bass it was fingers only, never even tried a pick.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Okay, so what good is a metal pick then?

I was thinkin' bass guitar use, but getting a response of other wise. I'm not about to use it on any of my guitars 'cause I don't want to ruin my strings. It's just interesting to me. I got a metal pick when started playing guitar years ago.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@onegirlrevolution)

Personally for myself i've found that playing the bass guitar with picks just doesnt seem to sound as good to me as playing with my fingers

yes. picks are evil in my opinion. i say, i have fingers for a reason, it's called...playing bass with out a pick so it sounds better!

"i wish the world was made of chocolate"
[--Tyler Burkum--]

She's calling out to You, this is a call; this is a call out... [--Thousand Foot Krutch--]

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3