Clear all

Post some kewl trick you have learned

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Post something you have learned that you think is something everyone should know, I'll start with something my teacher showed me the other day.

Take a G minor scale at the 3rd fret. Play the first 4 notes of the scale then start the scale over, but start the next run one note down and finish one note farther down the scale. Do this till you have hit the next octave then start the whole thing over but going high to low.

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ok I have done this for a while but here goes.
House of the rising sun, I have seen it written picking notes both going up and then back down and also a strummed version. Here is the easiest I have found and sounds good too.
Pick the bass note, slowly down strum the rest of the chord (not too slow, just slow enough that you can kind of make out the individual notes) then on the way back up pick the notes on the top 3 strings like this....(sometimes the advertising at the right causes the code to wrap, higher resolution will fix it)
------0--0--------|------0---0--------|-----2---2--------|
-----1------1-----|-----1-------1-----|----3-------3-----|
----2----------2--|----0-----------0--|---2-----------2--|
---2--------------|---2---------------|0-----------------|
0-----------------|3------------------|------------------|
------------------|-------------------|------------------|
-----1---1--------
----1-------1-----
---2-----------2--
3-----------------
------------------
------------------

ReplyQuote
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

Don't think this is to original but it just dawned on me a day ago to practice my scales with my fingers using the thumb for the three bass strings, index G, middle B, and ring high E. I am hoping it will train my fingers to keep that pattern for finger picking

ReplyQuote