Clear all

Question on a Fender Standard Strat

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@wmwise)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I am just starting out and a buddy has a very nice Fender standard strat that he will sell me for a great price. My question is.... I will be playing mostly country mixed with some western swing and maybe some old rock (1950), will I be able to tone down this beast enough to sound right on country. I will be playing it thru a Peavey Rage 158 amp. The strat has 3 single pickups.

Thanks
Bill

De Oppresso Liber

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Although lot's of country players use Telecasters, I think if you use number 4 position(neck and middle pickup) clean you'll do fine. For extra credit you could install a push/pull pot to get that bridge and neck Telecaster sound.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

The Tele is very popular with Country players, but so is the Strat. If you have ever heard the awesome guitar on Chris Isaak's "Wicked Games", that is a Strat with lots of reverb and using the tremelo bar. Beautiful. 8)

To get a country tone you will probaby want to upgrade to a better amp in the future, like a good Fender for the beautiful clean tones they produce.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote