Clear all

Really Help With Sturm Pattern For Old Favorite Song

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This song has been the reason why I first started playing guitar. I lost track of learning to play it since I found out how hard it is to start playing guitar. I feel i'm ready to complete the hard task at hand.

I know all the chord changes and I only lack the specific strumming patter and chord change time.

It is a beautiful song and I encourage you all to hear it at least once.

The artist and song name : Onda Vaselina - "Te Quiero Tanto Tanto"

Its tab can be found here : http://www.tabalorium.com/tabs/13379.html

I'd like to get this song perfect. If anyone could give tips or the strumming pattern, I'd very very much appreciate it.

One more thing...I have a classical (nylon string) and a beautifil Ovation Acoustic Electric....It seems as if they are using a metal string guitar...I'd think my Ovation would sound best?

Thanks,

Jet.

(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

I have an Ovation. They sound beautiful. Also more projection than a classical guitar.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah - Ovations sound awesome! I just got an Electric Acoustic Ovation celebrity cc 057 in honeyburst. Its such a nice looking and playing guitar. It comes with a tuner built into the electronics!!!! I'm so glad I bought it!

Oh, I have a Yamaha CG 111s and that plays nice and has a loud bass on it as well. Great for open picking and playing those beautiful piano / classical pieces.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I'm listening to it right now.....

It sounds to me like it's in 4/4 time and it's down, down, down, up, down, up with the first two notes (downs) being quarter notes and the down, up, down, up being eighth notes.

See if that sounds right to you.... It does to me!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote