Clear all

scales and key terms

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@deanobeano)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

im new to this and im learning to new scales a major pentatonic and g major. Do these scales show every place i can play G major and a major on the guitar ? please explain what it means also whats pentatonic mean

Can some one tell me the meaning of some of the key terms such as riff, melody etc. thanx

(@reasonableman)
Trusted Member

When talking about music I'm afraid punctuation can be very important to be clear about what you are saying. Capitalizing notes is very helpful.

I think I've worked out that you are learning two scales; 'A major pentatonic' and 'G major'. And you want to know what these 'mean'.

I'm not that hot on pentatonic scales so I'll talk about the G major scale. I just know pentatonic is five notes meaning that 2 notes have been removed from the A major scale.

It won't show you every place on the guitar you can play the G major scale. It will just show you one position. It sounds like you need to learn about scales and for that I'm afraid you'll need to learn some theory: https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=3 is a good start.

ReplyQuote