Notifications
Clear all

Solo in Horse with No Name

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dr-alex)
Topic starter  

I'm having a heck of a time with the Solo in Horse w/ No Name as explained by David. I get the lead in and start - sort of. But the tripplets segment is totally baffling. Is there any way David could give us an mp3 sound file explaining it all (lead in, start of solo and tripplets segment). I don't see any explanation of tripplets in any site. An accompanying sould file would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Hi,

triplets are simply three notes played in the same time as 2 normal notes - so in 4/4 time you would play 3 notes in the same time as 2 quarter notes.

Try this. Tap your foot at about 30 bpm (one tap every 2 seconds). Now play one note on each tap. The P means pick the string and the lines represent the movement of your foot. So Pick the string on the tap, take it up, down and pick on the tap again.
- - -
- - - - - -
- - - - - -
P p p p

Once you feel comfortable with that change to one note on the tap and one as your foot reaches the top of it's movement.
p p p
- - - - - -
- - - - - -
P p p p

When you feel comfortable with that, change the rhythm so that between your foot hitting the ground, you play 2 notes instead of one.
- - -
p p p p p p
- - - - - -
P p p p

That's the triplet.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@dr-alex)
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot for your input Greybeard - makes a lot of sense now. Will try it.

ReplyQuote
(@dr-alex)
Topic starter  

Well I tried to do the solo after the previous explanation, but still no Kapish. I think the only way I'll be able to figure out the solo is to hear a slow, easy mp3 file which I'm hoping David will put on the site.

ReplyQuote