Notifications
Clear all

Songs to strum along to or ?

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Wow Hey jude is really simple, thx for the link , lots of good songs there ( and some I've never herd of )

Woohoo Sultans of the Swing i love that song, and i love Guitar George, he knows all the chords :D

Hey what does that symbol mean ? in the Sultans tab, see if somebody can look at the chord/lyrics and tell me what it means ( maybe repetition or something ?

It's his own non-standard version of tab/notation.

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/~aparsons/guitar/guitar_notation.html

I assume the symbol you are referring to is the % symbol?
He means keep playing the same chord.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

One other question about his notation (Sultans of Swing)... why does he say "Start on A"? Hey Jude says "Start on C". ???

Btw, I've seen that site before. I think I even printed out a couple of sheets.

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'd suggest learning some fairly easy songs that are/were quite popular - there's a whole bunch of 'em here in the lessons section, and there's literally hundreds of others in the Easy Songs forum. Find some songs that everyone knows....I know if I'm at home and there's any of the family around, all I need to do is strum a G chord, a D chord and an Am chord and someone'll start off singing "Long, long time ago, I can still remember...." etc.

There are literally HUNDREDS of songs that use just four chords - once you know G, Em C and D, you can do songs like "Stand By Me" "Wonderful World" "His Latest Flame" etc etc etc ad infinitum.

Learn the chords, learn the lyrics - play 'em, get yourself noticed. OK, I know you're only a teenager - but they'll certainly get you brownie points with the parents, and it's surprising how often those songs keep cropping up, especially in the movies!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

One other question about his notation (Sultans of Swing)... why does he say "Start on A"? Hey Jude says "Start on C". ???

Btw, I've seen that site before. I think I even printed out a couple of sheets.

He may be referring to the melody note on which the singing starts. This is only a guess, but doing a quick check on the guitar, it does seem to be a possibility.

Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I'd suggest learning some fairly easy songs that are/were quite popular - there's a whole bunch of 'em here in the lessons section, and there's literally hundreds of others in the Easy Songs forum. Find some songs that everyone knows....I know if I'm at home and there's any of the family around, all I need to do is strum a G chord, a D chord and an Am chord and someone'll start off singing "Long, long time ago, I can still remember...." etc.

There are literally HUNDREDS of songs that use just four chords - once you know G, Em C and D, you can do songs like "Stand By Me" "Wonderful World" "His Latest Flame" etc etc etc ad infinitum.

Learn the chords, learn the lyrics - play 'em, get yourself noticed. OK, I know you're only a teenager - but they'll certainly get you brownie points with the parents, and it's surprising how often those songs keep cropping up, especially in the movies!

:D :D :D

Vic

Ah I wish XD, like my parents listening to anything that speaks english :P, they listen to spanish ballads, whci I really hate and wouldn't like to learn one xD, I'm mostly learning for myself and for maybe that odd day that I might hve to play something, songs I mean, some songs I learn to play in jam sessions I know that always play these songs ( like Layla ).

And learning stuff ^_^

Oh and also thanks for calling me a teenager xD, too many people treating me like a kid lately X_X.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2