Strap Pin locations

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@canucks12)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

I'm curious to know what are the pros/cons of postioning the strap pin near the headstock or on the neck near the body of guitar. Does one position give more stability, because I sometimes have a tendency to lose control of the neck. My strap pin is near the body.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Acoustic or electric?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Perhaps you can take a piece of string (make it strong string) and tie your strap off to your headstock and see if it makes a difference for you.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Hi,

I'm curious to know what are the pros/cons of postioning the strap pin near the headstock or on the neck near the body of guitar. Does one position give more stability, because I sometimes have a tendency to lose control of the neck. My strap pin is near the body.

You can put a strap pin on your headstock!? That's news to me.

On my acoustic I'll tie the neck side of my strap underneath the strings right after they cross the nut, using shoelaces. Seems to work out pretty well.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

I used to tie my strap to the headstock like undercat, but I never really liked it. I've since drilled the underside of the neck near the body and installed a strap button. I definitely like this better and it does seem to add stability.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

My guitar came with a strap that had a "shoelace" allready attached to one end for me to tie around the headstock above the nut. I still use it, but have been interested in sticking a button either in the heel of the neck, or getting a 2x2x1 peice of scrap wood and putting a button in the "Les Paul" location...

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote