Clear all

system of a down

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jeremyd)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

anyone else like there music? i noticed you had to change the tunning toplay some of there songs such as cgcfad and i notice that my strings buzz against the frets and when you play it in a clean channel you can hear it in the amp.. distorted it sounds fine. would there be a remedy to this or is that just the way it is?

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

When you tune down low, generally you would use thicker strings and the buzzing is alot less, however after you do that you need to get a setup done because intonation and neck relief will probably be alot different.

Oh, and I do like their music, one of my favorite albums is Hypnotize, I think (The album they released before their latest album)

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

To cope with the fact that the strings are that much slacker in the lower tunings you'll need heavier guage strings and a good setup from a decent guitar tech. It's worth having a second guitar just to play around with stuff like this.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

I love system of a down, I love the very wide variety their songs tend to have, their music has a lot of variety, it doesn't all sound the same (think nickelback for a band that has a good sound but simply never strays far from it.... everything they do sounds the same to me).

ReplyQuote
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member

I think that their albums, Hypnotize and Mezmerize, have the guitar tuned to drop Db.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Don't get me started on how bad of a band System of a Down is.

I'll stay out of this topic after this post. I don't want to cause too much trouble.

ReplyQuote