Clear all

Tablature questions.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sagaciouskjb2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well, I've noticed a lot recentely while looking at tabs that I don't have a clue what some of the symbols mean. The ones that throw me off the most are the +', Q's, and 3's over the staff(if you can call it that), and things like __3__/ that contain notes within the two slashes. And, not so much a question of what the tablature symbol means, but what is a pinch harmonic? I know what a harmonic is, but I've never herad of a pinch harmonic.

(@corbind)
Noble Member

I'll take a stab at the 3. Maybe that's indicating a “triplet” feel where you'd play 3 notes in the space of two beats. I'm not touching the harmonic question. Well, I just picked up a book by the Clash and opened to the musical definitions. “PINCH HARMONIC: The note is fretted normally and a harmonic is produced by adding the edge of the thumb or the tip of the index finger of the pick hand to the normal pick attack”

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote