Clear all

tuning problems

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@smiller4597)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys and gals, I havent had a guitar for a very long time and I now have one. I dont remember having the trouble I am having now with tuning. I need to tune with harmonics because thats the only way it sounds right to me, only, the guitar I got for Christmas is not what I am used to and I am wondering if it is the reason why I cant seem to get it in tune or is it me or the strings??? Is there something I should know about strings??? Even the low "e" string seems to (shit I dont know the term for it) vibrate. there seems to be two different vibrations from the two strings I am tuning to. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Is there anyway to over come this?

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

It sounds like it just needs to be set up (action, relief, and intonation). More than likely the intonation is off.

Use the setup instructions on on web site to measure things see if the setup is off. Then you can decide to either follow the instructions and do the adjustments yourself or take it to have it done by a professional.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@jjm1987)

Buy a Tuner!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Buy a Tuner!

+1 8)

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi smiller4597

What type of guitar is it ?
Acoustic or electric ?
Brand new or old/used ?

If its an electric, the action, relief, and intonation could be off as Nils suggests.
If its an Acoustic and old, new strings maybe needed and action adjusted.

And as everybody else says, an electric tuner makes tuning very easy.

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote