Notifications
Clear all

Urgent help!!

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@manish_001in)
Topic starter  

Hey guys basically I had played acoustic guitar for some months and I played it on a right handed guitar even when I am left handed(I was not comfortable)
Now I am planning to buy a new electric guitar in the range of 12k Rs(240$). I want to shift to left handed guitars completely.

Now I need suggestions on what kinda as in brand and model guitar I should go for and amp as well!
I am inclined towards Rock, Metal(not very heavy types) and Classical Rock!
Also I like the sound of a les paul, so something with that kinda sound would be really nice!!

Its urgent guys, expect some replies asap!!

Thanks!!!

(@alangreen)

Does that budget include the cost of the amp?

I think you should go down to the local guitar shop and just spend time playing their left-handed stock. Talk to them about entry level guitars and see what you can come up with.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Yes definitely go to a shop to get some advice on the products they have. Don't just buy online as you want to try out the gear first.

ReplyQuote
(@manish_001in)
Topic starter  

No, amp is extra!
Will it be okay to completely switch to left handed guitars after the only practice I have is on right handed acoustic guitars!

Any suggestions what should I look for in the guitar to get the sound I need!!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Will it be okay to completely switch to left handed guitars after the only practice I have is on right handed acoustic guitars!

If left-handed is more comfortable for you, it should not be an issue. Why not try out both?

Brands? You're probably in "Squier" territory with that budget. Nothing wrong with Squier, they're owned by Fender and the guy from Biffy Clyro plays one.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@manish_001in)
Topic starter  

Thanks!
Any suggestions about the specs for the amp!
I am looking for rock sound!

ReplyQuote