Clear all

What guitar is this?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@aircooled)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I mean it sure as hell looks like a Gibson Firebird, but something just doesn't seem right. If that really is a Gibson, would somebody mind telling me what model (MK 1, 3, 5, so on) that is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2GKK77jZ2k

Thanks guys/gals!

(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Here's what was in the description of the video:
Equipments for this video;
Firebird customised old guitar,
Marshall 1989's JCM amp with pedals;
Fuzz, Phaser, Comp and Reverb.

So it's a Firebird, and it doesn't look right because it's been customized :D

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@aircooled)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well here's my problem though, he's only got two adjustment knobs where most firebirds I've ever seen have 4 (except for the Firebird I which only has one pickup and two knobs). I saw that and I've been scratching my head ever since simply because I guess I just cant find one similar. The only thing I can figure is he removed two of the control knobs and filled them in and repainted the guitar. I haven't completely conceded to that idea however, I'm hoping somebody will prove me wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

nope, i think "customized" covers it.
it's either a firebird 1 with an added pickup, or a rewired later model with the controls removed.
I'm sure that if you emailed him he would elaborate

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@aircooled)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Last Sign In: 4 months ago

I'm sure if he does sign in, in the future, he has more messages than he knows what to do with. I still messaged him anyway. I'm pretty sure it's not a Firebird 1 because it doesn't look like the controls are in the wrong spot. I'm no Gibson expert by any means, just trying to get this because it's bothering me.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote