Notifications
Clear all

What Model Of Guitar is this?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@matius88)
Topic starter  

Hi, im new in this forum, my name is matias and im from Argentina (sorry for my english :P), well now im planning to buy a new guitar (SX FTL 50 or Thinline) telecaster.

but i already have one but i dont know what model of samick it is, anyone knows about this guitar?? (i know is a lespaul samick but i dont know the model).

some pics of the guitar:

do you know if any upgrade can be done to this guitar?, or is a waste of time and money, and its better buy another guitar for making upgrades?.

thanks and sorry for my english..

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Samick are usually an inexpensive Japanese brand.

The quality will vary greatly from one guitar to the next.

If you can try it before you buy, and if the price is not very high, then it might be a good starter guitar.

I don't know about upgrades, but the hardware is pro ally pretty low end.

If the neck is good and straight, then it may me a good platform to upgrade, but it will never be a Gibson!

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Samick is actually a Korean company, which produces guitars for many well-known names. Until Gibson opened the Chinese factory, they produced most, if not all, all the Asian-built Epiphone guitars, amongst many others.

In 2001 (I believe) they were reputed to have produced 60% of all the guitars built in the world that year.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote