Clear all

Wild World Trouble

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@troy1g)
Topic starter  

Hello
Although not a beginner I am haveing Trouble with Cat Steven's Wild World I have been working with the CD and David Hodge's lesson.
The 2/4 measure "Bad out there" First my ear tells me that should be an E (on the record) instead of a C major (no biggie) More importantly I don't feel this in 16 th notes, I feel it as 1 2 3 and 4 and I can't seem to figure out, if I count this out in quarter notes and eight notes how do I transpose the 2/4 measure. I have been trying to fix this for weeks. love this Song and David's Rythm pattern and then on the Chorus this whole part stumps me. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Troy :?:

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Not sure I am going to be much help but my guitar tutor started me on this song in my last lesson, about a week ago, so I thought it was interesting to see this topic pop up.

My tutor wrote it pretty much like David has it. I dont have the lesson in front of me but I remember the first time playing though it end on an E as in the part "..leaving, baby I'm grieving". But the second time through its played on a G.

Now maybe they are both wrong ;) but that is what the tutor told me. BTW, thanks for pointing out David's lesson on this song. Should help me to impress the guitar tutor a little.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote