Clear all

YAHOO! Noob...1st entire song played!!!

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@the-sarge)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello all! I picked up a guitar last week and tonight I played my first song (Beatles-Ballad of John and Yoko) all the way through!! And with a little bit of ear and patience I got the lick at the end too! This site is GREAT!!!

OK...now for my question: what's everyone's general opinion of Carlo Robelli guitars? I got an acoustic/electric one at a garage sale pretty cheap and so far I like it fine. But since it's my first guitar I have nothing to compare it to... :D

Living is easy with eyes closed--misunderstanding all you see.

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN and congrats on learning the song! :D

I don't know about the guitar, but I'm sure someone else will. This is a great site, but if you stick around you find that out for yourself. :wink:

Congrats!

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Hello all! I picked up a guitar last week and tonight I played my first song (Beatles-Ballad of John and Yoko) all the way through!! And with a little bit of ear and patience I got the lick at the end too! This site is GREAT!!!

OK...now for my question: what's everyone's general opinion of Carlo Robelli guitars? I got an acoustic/electric one at a garage sale pretty cheap and so far I like it fine. But since it's my first guitar I have nothing to compare it to... :D
Congrats! Don't know much about that particular model. But, hey if you like it and it works does it matter? :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise,
The guitar must be good if you can play a whole song after only a week :D
Seriously, if it plays good, sounds good and you like it then you have a winner.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Hi and Welcome.

I'm not familiar with those guitars. If it plays nice and sounds good to you is what matters. Everyone will have a certain guitar they favor more than others, then you'll find some like me that like all guitars. Sounds like you have the right frame of mind when it comes to playing. Keep up the good work and most of all have fun.

Joe

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Congrats on the song!

Carlo Robelli can be iffy. A lot of their guitars get a bad rep, but from what I've heard "on the street" they have some VERY nice acoustic/electric models. They probably have some lower end ones as well though.

If you can give us the specific model, you can go to http://www.harmonycentral.com and find a review for it.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

welcome

ohhhhhhhhh your first complete song now that takes me back ... congrats on your first one I hope there will be many many more ..

Your first song that you get through is like the most exciting thing in the world ...

Can remember my childrens births ( always forget thier birthdays though ) I remember my wedding but always for the aniversary..

My first song I 'll always remember and I can still name the owner of the wool shed where it all began ...

So congrats well done

cheers

L.K

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats. It's a great high, isn't it.

I've seen that brand at Sam Ash. It fretted a string and it took something like 45 minutes for it to hit the fretboard. Obvious set up problem, but I didn't look at any others.

Welcome to GN.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote