Skip to content
All Over Now - The ...

Notifications
Clear all

All Over Now - The Rolling Stones (for Rodders)

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Been having a go at this easy one from the Stones this evening.

When they were doing stuff like this: "Route 66", "Satisfaction" & "Little Red Rooster" I think they were at their best apart from later when the peaked with "Honky Tonk Woman", "Brown Sugar" & "Sympathy For The Devil". Then that's my honest opinion.

Wish I'd learnt this before yesterday as I could have jammed it with Rodders as there is a second guitar part riff played over the G boogie of each verse. Its as follows:

E-------3------------------
B---------3----------------
G--------------------------
D--------------------------
A--------------------------
E---3-3-------------------

Can't yet quite get how this goes with the verses but I think its the "tack-tack-tack-tack"(best way I can describe the sound) you hear on the verse. Maybe, Rodders, you can enlighten me on this next time we have a jam. And, thanks again for yesterday Rod. I learn't quite a lot from you.

Anyway Here goes:

Intro:

DDDDDD-CCCCC then G in a boogie style (Strum pattern? listen to the song you'll get it)

Verse 1:

play (G) chord in a boogie style for all of verses

Baby used to stay out all night long

Made me cry done me wrong

She hurt my eyes open, thats no lie

Tables turning, now its her turn to cry

Chorus:

(G)Because I (D)used to love her

(C)But it's all over (G)now

Verse 2:

again (G) boogie style

Well, she used to run around with every man in town

Spend all my money playin' a high class game

She put me out, its a pity how I cried

The tables turning, now it's her turn to cry

Chorus:

Verse 3:

again (G) boogie style

Well, I used to wake up in the mornin', Get my breakfast in bed

When I gotten worried, she could ease my aching head

But now she's here and there, with every man in town

Instead of trying to take me, for that same old clown

Chorus:

Chorus Reprise:

Outro:

D-CC-GG-GGGG Play four times and fade out

Just love this song

All the best ,
Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

(@rodders)
Noble Member

Just had a go at this one Chris, piece of cake springs to mind. not all that sure on what you mean about the riff though. Maybe you'd like to put up a sound byte ?

One of my fav Stones tracks is "Off The Hook", in fact I much prefer the really early stuff, then I missed them off my to listen to list until "Under Cover" and then went off them again.

Anyway thats a good job well done.

P.S. get that action sorted out on your geetar and you will improve beyond your dreams!!!

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks rodders,

Yes I know what you mean. they were unbeatable doing covers of Rythem & Blues and Rock & Roll standards from 1963 to 1965 ish., especially Chuck Berry numbers. Then Brian Jones lost his grip and the rest is history.

Thought this might raise more interest being topical to the release of the Brian Jones movie. Mind you Vic for one was probably trying to get some shut eye after his lost weekend, poor chap.

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Very, very easy song to play.....I think I mentioned once, in another post on another forum, this was the easiest song I knew.....

Let it Bleed, Goats Head Soup, Sticky Fingers, Exiles on Main Street (my personal favourite) and It's Only Rock'n'Roll, for me, marked the Stones at the peak of their creative and artistic powers - I thought Mick Taylor was a more than adequate replacement for Brian, having played with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers from a very young age....

:D :D :D

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

12 X 5 is one of my all time favorite Stones albums.
Ive been playing Around and Around for a very long time.

I play it in A. I think it sounds better there because the V and especially the VII have a better feel (D and E).

the opening lick I put my index finger on fret five holding strings 1 and 2 down. with the ring finger I do that trill on the second second string fret 7.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

hello
just a silly question

I understand that the pattern is based on eight notes so it can be played also with a simple down/up for each beat, but what about chord changes in the chorus? Is it possible that they are something like for the first two lines of teh chorus G 2 beats, D six beats, C C six beats, G 2 beats?

Thanks

Matteo

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I just ran the song through my head. memory tells me it is a straight 4/4 all the way through.
the lick holds the first stroke for a breath.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

hi mate i do not have trouble with pattern, I simply asked for a confirmation about chord changes

Matteo

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

hello all

yesterday i play it after a while and I can add a few info about chord progression:

verse: 8 measures of G

chorus: D/C/G/G played twice

Dont' forget that the chorus singing starts on the last beat of the verse last G measure

rhythm: I guess that Rolling Stones used the classic rock-shuffle (like in Roll over Bethoveen), anyway you can also play a simple DU for each beat of course in a bluesy way

cheers

Matteo

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

A little off topic here, but I just watched the movie "Stoned" last night and I've got to say it's a very interesting insight to the life of Brian Jones.

ReplyQuote