Notifications
Clear all

Black Keys

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@avand)
Topic starter  

At the ripe age of 50 I have just taken up guitar after a poor attempt in my younger days. I really enjoy Black Keys music (great sound for a duo) and was wondering if anyone has tabbed I'll be your man from the big come up album?

(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

Good question Avand. Good stuff, those Black Keys. :D

ReplyQuote
(@danrobertson)
Eminent Member

http://bktabs.xtracrispy.com/

One of my fav new bands. Seen them live in Glasgow a couple of months ago and they were excellent. See the above link for some pretty good tabs. Don't think they are very easy tho although you may think so :)

No Trust is my personal fave off of Thickfreakness.

ReplyQuote
(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

Thanks much for that link, Dan. Just wondering, do they perform as a duo or are there additional musicians. They came through here not too long ago but I wasn't feeling well that night so I didn't go. Too bad, I hear they are great live.

ReplyQuote
(@danrobertson)
Eminent Member

Yeah they play live as a duo, Dan on the right of the stage and Pat on the left. Yeah you should check them out live ASAP, they played a nice mix from The Big Come Up right through to Rubber Factory when I saw them.

Don't think they need any help in producing their stripped down sound. Pat complements Dan's playing very well. IMO as much as I like the white stripes I think the Keys are better :)

They are tempting me to invest in a fuzz pedal :-) but I have know idea what ones to look at. He uses a Maestro fuzz supposedly but can't find them anywhere in the UK.

ReplyQuote
(@avand)
Topic starter  

Purchased the Rubber Factory CD prior to xmas, it came with a short DVD of a live performance. This was a real bonus, Dan does not use a pick at all and produces all those great sounds from his Tele and effects processor. 8) Thanks for the link Dan it helped heaps.

ReplyQuote
(@danrobertson)
Eminent Member

Oh one more thing. If you got to the Black keys website then in their forums there are sections for tabs where nearly every song has been tabbed.

Me being silly never noticed that you requested I'll be Your Man which should be on there somewhere. Dunno if the Hendrix style of playing will qualify as easy songs for beginners tho.

I think Midnight in Her Eyes and Have Love will Travel are probably quite easy because they revolve around a simple riff.

ReplyQuote